Sent at the request of Leonard Marino, Acting President, Surrey Downs Community Club
First Saturday at Tully’s
Join other Surrey Downs residents for a beverage this Saturday morning 8:30-9:30 am at our local Tully’s on Main. The first 5 Surrey residents to arrive receive their liquid refreshment on the house (The Surrey Downs Community Club). Hope to see you Saturday.
Car Prowls– Ongoing Concern
Car prowls continue in our neighborhood. The Bellevue Police have shared the following as the bare basics of protecting our neighborhood from car prowls and their overall ,advice is simple: The diligence of each neighbor is the best deterrent.
1. We must all remember to lock our cars.
- · 99% of the car prowls around here have been into unlocked vehicles.
2. Remove all targets of opportunity from our cars.
- · Take all items from your car when you get out, especially your garage door opener.
3. Close our garage doors during the day and during the night.
- · This seems obvious, but there have been instances where neighbors have forgotten. Don’t hesitate to call your neighbor, or even walk over, if their garage door is left open at night.
- · The police recommend that garage doors be closed at all times. Please consider their advice.
4. Increase our awareness of people in our neighborhood.
- · If you see a car that you don’t recognize that seems to be travelling slowly through the area, get as much information as you can about the car and report it to the 911 operator.
5. Seriously consider extra lighting near your cars, and leave a porch light on. It is the most inexpensive insurance.
The Bellevue Police have been asked to make extra patrols through Surrey Downs.